Is a D800 worth $6k?

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lance B
Forum ProPosts: 27,414Gear list
Like?
With that logic....
In reply to Blindman, Apr 15, 2013

Blindman wrote:

Mentioned to my wife several days ago that I'd like to upgrade my D7000 to a D800 which led to the "how much is it" question. To my amazement she said sure, but I get the same amount "no strings attached". So the question is if the D800 is worth $6,000 to upgrade from a D7000 that I have been very happy with. I have a decent assortment on FX lens so that won't be an issue. Mainly shoot wildlife and sports.

-- hide signature --

John

If you apply that logic, then every time you get a new car for, let's say $30,000 for arguments sake, you have to factor in the cost of a second car for your wife and then it is really $60,000 due to it being one each. Is that car then worth $60,000 when it is really only $30,000? I mean, everything you buy would be double when you look at it that way.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow