Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,146Gear list
Like?
Re: Equivalent focal length for MFT lenses
In reply to KenBalbari, Apr 15, 2013

KenBalbari wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

As for the rest, I hate these equivalence debates and won't go further. You have been caught of guard stating that the F stands for focal length while it isn't and you are now trying to rationalize this, using the term aperture in a way most photographers won't use it, unless they are into optics and lens design. Just admit you have goofed with that minor thing,  like I admitted myself above.

But all I was saying is that the f in f/6.7 stands for focal length.  That is correct.

Ken, please stop it.You're doing a great disservice to those whom you wnt to support.

F/5.7 is not a focal lens, it is aperture.

Nobody here thinks that aperture is a diameter of the opening in iris (please wikipedia this word for yourself- iris).

Stop Ballsh^tting and begin to learn things you do not know.

Again - aperture is F-stop, not a diameter. This hole will be 2 times less in diameter on M43 lens, than on FF lens to keep F-stop aka aperture the same

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
U2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow