Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: gut instincts / no proof
In reply to Len_Gee, Apr 15, 2013

Len_Gee wrote:

BTW, I'm just a casual family and vacation snapper just wanting to , at the end of the day , bring back decent memory snaps,  and I have no false aspirations of  producing Nat Geo or " artistic " award winning  pics.

Enjoy,  whatever  your choice.    

No, I totally agree with you. 99% of people in the same boat (if I had to guess).

My opinion is this:

* working pros will always appreciate better ergonomics and more directly-accessible controls in a pro-like body, along with the speed / processing benefits of moving quickly and effortlessly and being able to hold their cam more comfortably especially when they have the big glass on. Basically, making the most professional job of any event without the tech letting you down and with less fiddling. Of course there are pros working in many different capacities, so many other cameras are suitable for some jobs, but generally speaking, larger body and lenses and less fiddly compromises in the body and lenses.

* however, pros will always DESIRE smaller and lighter gear IF it didn't compromise their work. I think we all gravitate to smaller, lighter, convenient, in general.

* BUT the rest of the market is happy with "good enough" and I fall into that category 9 times out of 10. Other times, it's well worth carrying the 'big guns' even though we may complain about the weight or other problems

...and this is the main point behind my thoughts that smaller interchangeable cameras will become the preferred choice for more people in the future.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow