Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lmendy
Regular MemberPosts: 478Gear list
Like?
Help an old guy's eyes
In reply to TrojMacReady, Apr 14, 2013

TrojMacReady wrote:

Clyde Thomas wrote:

a58 has a considerably downgraded LCD resolution from all other 5 series Alphas.

Not all 5 series.

I'm also not sure how this answers the OP's question about the chip and processing.

First, I truly appreciate those of you who understood my original question.  I am a still shooter.  I rarely use video.  I am not overly concerned with the size and resolving power of the LCD.  I care about image IQ.  I do shoot most of my images in jpeg (unless I am shooting something for large print).

Now, about my eyes.  They are 66 years old and I suffer from the usual old age ailments and partial color blindness.  I forgot about the comparometer on imaging resources.  I compared the A58 with the RX100 and the A58 appeared cleaner with slightly more detail.  I then compared it with the APC king of the hill, the Nikon D7100 and to my surprise, the A58 looked a bit cleaner and had more detail at 400iso.  It could be due to the A58 demonstrating more contrast.

I would certainly appreciate it if some of you younger folks with better vision take a look and compare.  It certainly seems at this point, the A58 may be one heck of a bargain for still shooters (especially us old guys who would certainly appreciate built in image stabilization)

Lmendy's gear list:Lmendy's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-E2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
A58?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow