Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
FoolyCooly
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,458Gear list
Like?
Re: The 'old man' theory
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 14, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

SuvoMitra wrote:

Visit tourist spots that attract large numbers of young Asians and you'll notice many more young women with DSLRs than you've ever before. Your 'old man' theory is showing its age already. Besides, older men who have started to find it difficult to carry DSLR outfits are a key market for mirrorless miniaturisation. It's not entirely coincidental that there's so much emphasis on retro styling in some mirrorless model lines. The baby boomers get what they want - strength in numbers.

Very true.  The young kids here in china all have DSLR's for the most part.  I can't emphasize this enough. When you go to the camera mall here in Shanghai, there are a few stores that carry mirrorless like micro 4/3rds.  There are dozens upon dozens of stores that carry Canon, Nikon, and Sony SLR's.  The shelf space ratio is beyond lopsided in favor of DSLR's and mirrorless struggles to even get noticed.

-- hide signature --

9 years of Fujifilm camera usage, ended by rampant fanboyism.

I shot an engagement party yesterday where a young Asian girl ooh and awed over my E-PL5 and tiny Samyang fisheye. She was using a Nikon D5000 with 18-105mm VR. I guess she must be tired of her SLR.  On the other hand, I did see a bunch of 14-year-old girls running around the zoo with DSLRs. I'm sure they were getting "PROFESSIONAL" photos with their 18-55mm kit lenses.

Also, I just turned 35, I must be losing my mind in my old agebecause I could care less if a 14-year-old kid is using the same camera as me... Actually I rather them not. 

-- hide signature --

The best camera is the one you have with you.

FoolyCooly's gear list:FoolyCooly's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D300 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow