Spoiled by a sensor....(G5 vs GH3 (and GH2))

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: Spoiled by a sensor....(G5 vs GH3 (and GH2))
In reply to Chatokun, Apr 14, 2013

Chatokun wrote:

While new cameras do come out, many people keep their bodies for years... and I think the Sony sensors in this generation are great enough to last as signature cameras for a while... similar to how the Canon 5D Mark II(5 years old this year) is still the one I hear praised the most, despite the Mark III and 6D being released already. The only sensor I think I'd be dying to get my hands on as a replacement would be one made with the new color splitting tech, if the rest of the sensor is good also.

That's high praise for the GH3, to put it up there with the best from the Canon stable.

Admittedly I would see much more value in the camera if I were more into video (closer to $800), and I bet that's a lot of the value for many there. We'll probably see that price sooner than my unreasonable $400 offering

Weather sealing and smoking performance is all expected at that price. It would be nice if they gave it a megapixel bump while keeping everything else good, but we can't have it all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow