D7100 substantially better AF than D7000??

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gene Goodman
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
D7100 substantially better AF than D7000??
Apr 14, 2013

Hi D7100 usersl;

Generally a happy D7000 owner (2 1/3 years coming from a D80).  My main problem is AF consistency.  I find that focus is spot on, then not.  I fine tune and come up with one value,  then then a week later its a different value,  example from 0 to -6,  or -8 to -14.  Then after fine tuning, I do a portrait focused on 1 eye, and it back focuses!!  Of course this is not ALL the time, and many shots are very accurate, then not??   My D7000 DOES NOT have any left/right focus problems.

For fine tuning I have kept light (and color of light) consistent.

If a D7100 would be substantially better in AF consistency, then I would upgrade.  I do not need high buffer speed or frame rates, an not concerned that shadows may have streaking/banding/noise, or that I will not get an ISO lift.

Reading the posts, it seems that 1/2+ of you D7100 users say the AF if GREAT, but a good number also say that it is inconsistent.  To be sure, I am not talking about speed of focus, just CONSISTENCY and ACCURACY.

So what has been your experience with AF consistency from D7000 to D7100

Thanks;

Gene

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow