have a canon 55-250 already ... will tamron 18-270 give me BETTER image QUALITY ?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 13,110Gear list
Like?
Re: have a canon 55-250 already ... will tamron 18-270 give me BETTER image QUALITY ?
In reply to yanir, Apr 14, 2013

yanir wrote:

p.s  i HATE changing lens ... i guess i'm a "ONE lens kinDa guy"...  

10x !!

Yanir, I agree with Bjorn. If you're a one lens kida guy, then you should maybe get a camera with one lens. There is just not a lot of reasons to be bothering with an interchangeable lens camera unless it looks cool to have on. There are plenty of bridge cameras that look enough like SLRs many will think you have one.

One of the main reasons for a DSLR is interchangeable lenses. That way you can match the right lens for the task. We now have some pretty good short ratio zoom lenses that can keep close enough to prime lenses that it might be worth the convenience. Some of these are 2x and 3x. Occasionally for holiday use a 5x might give acceptable performance, but when you start using 10x or more zooms you're really trading away a lot of image quality for convenience. At the point, I really fail to see the point in owning a DSLR.

If you've decided that serious photography is no longer something you really are passionate about, I'd get a high quality compact with a good bit of zoom ratio and a fixed lens. The can take great snaps on vacation or family gatherings. You won't notice any real drop in quality would be my guess. You can concentrate on having fun and enjoying the sites without worrying about changing lenses.

Take care and have fun.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow