have a canon 55-250 already ... will tamron 18-270 give me BETTER image QUALITY ?

Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 4,001Gear list
Like?
Re: have a canon 55-250 already ... will tamron 18-270 give me BETTER image QUALITY ?
In reply to yanir, Apr 14, 2013

yanir wrote:

i can't stand that minimal of 55mm ! i always need to go back 1KM to take a photo of some one (portrate)   so i'm thinking now to own a 18-270 lens ...

but my questions are :

1) in terms of IQ  is the canon 18-200  better that my 55-250 ?

2) in terms of IQ  is the tamron 18-270 better that my 55-250 ?

is it worth the extra 200$ i will need to add for a new lens (canon 18-200 / tamron 18-270)   ??

p.s  i HATE changing lens ... i guess i'm a "ONE lens kinDa guy"...  

10x !!

Yanir, you got one of the funniest avatars I have seen here

Ok now seriously.

Have you thought of upgrading your standardzoom to a Sigma 17-70 or Canon 15-85?

This way you may improve without sacrificing quality. The 18-200 isn't a great lens, plenty of reviews like this out there.

As for the Tamron there is something to say for it but still a compromise regarding you're shooting dslr and the interchangeble lenses are one of dslr's main features.

Just take your time, you will pick what you like in the end, I just hope you give upgrading your standardzoom a thought as well.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow