Nikon 85mm F1.8G I bought into the hype about how sharp it is. and " how its the best and sharpest"

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
tektrader
Contributing MemberPosts: 630Gear list
Like?
Re: Your right
In reply to Shotcents, Apr 14, 2013

Shotcents wrote:

tektrader wrote:

sandy b wrote:

All of the reviewrs and masses of users are full of crap. We should all ditch the 1.8. Riggghhht.

Ok just so we can be sure of what you mean here. NIKON HAS NEVER MADE A PRODUCT THAT IS FAULTY..... thats what you think?

So you are obviously too lazy to read the entire thread OR your eyes are painted on.......

My copy was/is CRAP and was sent back.

Yes, but the title of this thread says nothing about a BAD COPY. It indicates that someone has bought into the "HYPE" and that the 85mm 1.8G is not as good as everyone else claims.

There is no hype. The 85 1.8G is my top pick at 85mm above all others. I know some people who prefer the 1.4G or the 1.4D, but no professional that I've met doesn't think they're all very good.

Robert

Robert, I didnt have 5 lenses to play with. I HAD ONE. Which shouldnt have been shipped out.

The only opinion I can form is with the brand new copy I had in hand. If it is this easy for Nikon to ship an absolute POS through its factory how many people who are not critical have been stiffed with a poor one. IMO I dont think its too much to expect to buy a new product that reaches the heights OF THE HYPE.......... D800 anyone?   Luckily, mine is fanstastic.

I havent seen this as a great lens yet, therefore the title is correct. BUT I am happy to be proved wrong via this thread which was the whole point. Stupid posts like the one above prove NOTHING.

I asked for examples from good copies, Not a verbal slapping bordering on calling me an idiot.

tektrader's gear list:tektrader's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow