Started Apr 14, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skytag
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Digital camera lifetimes
Apr 14, 2013

Pretty basic question here, and that is, how long do digital cameras last? I get the impression that historically people replace a digital camera to have better technology as opposed to replacing one that has broken or worn out, so I don't know how much data there is on this.

I'm curious because I'm planning to finally make the move to serious digital here in the near future. (I have a Coolpix that's several years old, but never got a DSLR to replace my F2.)

The current plan is to buy a Nikon D800 body in the near future and use it initially with my assortment of AI lenses. However, for that kind of money I'd like to think I'll get a camera I can use for years... and years.... and more years, not one I'll need to replace in two or three years. So I'm wondering how long I could expect a D800 to last with relatively light to moderate use. Any thoughts?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow