Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
chiue
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,270Gear list
Like?
Re: James
In reply to Sactojim, Apr 14, 2013

Sactojim wrote:

JamesD2 wrote:

Thanks. I can only imaging what the aperture will be at the telephoto end. Will it even be useful? And you'll need incredible stabilization for a 52x zoom or your video and even still images will show great camera shake. I wonder what the sensor will be?

-- hide signature --

JamesD
Happy Snappin'

Good questions James. I see the 42xx zoom cam is using a CCD sensor. One can only hope they did not apply heavy NR software in it and end up with water color type images. Wonder why they did not use the proven CMOS sensor of the Z990?? Also I see they dropped the Schneider/Kreuznach lens and went with some generic house brand. Schneider was contracted by Kodak ((separate company) and are known to be optically excellent. I really hope this new company has their engineering act together with regards to being competitive with all the other good big zoom mfg's. That said, the sensor and no name lens doesn't look promising.

I speculate it is the COST factor. Remember this is actually a JK's product that manufacture in China with a Kodak name. It cost get the Schneider licensed optic. Also the BSI CMOS (whatever the source is) would cost more. Hopefully the JK products can stand on it own and help bring back the "Kodak" name.

-- hide signature --

chiue -
Nikon D5000 / Kodak Z990 P880 DX7590 Z915 DX6440 V803 M420 C190 C875 Zx3
Kodak Digital Cameras Galleries
http://www.wix.com/chiuestar/Kodak-DC
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/chiue/camera/cameras-a2.jpg

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow