Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,193Gear list
Like?
Re: gut instincts / no proof
In reply to Mahmoud Mousef, Apr 14, 2013

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Steve wrote:

wanna disaster of ergonomics... ?  like the guy next to me in a restaurant who was lugging a d300 and an 18-200 lens... "I cant stand this camera after a day of shooting" he told me..

But I bet he loves the results 

I wonder how he'd feel with an out-of-balance mirorless model with less directly accessible controls and far less grip and large-ish lens compared to the body (but a total weight reduction over his current gear).

But for me, I love the results with my GX1, 7.5 FE, 7-14, 25 f/1.4, 14-45 especially when I need to travel light or carry on kit  for airplane travel, and don't need or want to carry my Canon 5DMKII, 15 FE, 16-35, 50, 24-105, 580 flash.

For any IQ compromises, MFT, at the end of  walking all day, my back and shoulders thank me for choosing the GX1kit.        The GX1 ergo is no problem for me.   The Sony RX100 and iPhone5 are my back ups.

BTW, I'm just a casual family and vacation snapper just wanting to , at the end of the day , bring back decent memory snaps,  and I have no false aspirations of  producing Nat Geo or " artistic " award winning  pics.

Enjoy,  whatever  your choice.    

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow