Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,293Gear list
Like?
Re: true and 14-24 on d800 only scores 17
In reply to qianp2k, Apr 14, 2013

qianp2k wrote:

MAC wrote:

look closely at the 5dc lips below - jaggies and artifacts - 5dc is sharper yes, but clearly the 60d has more resolution and avoids the jaggies

I much prefer the 60d image in the comparison below - artifacts and jaggies ain't resolution as the lips show

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51121511?image=0

Just one clarification that above is NOT my original photos.  You know that in that thread if anyone ever checked.  That's why I said don't repeat old words over and over as we have discussed/debated enough in that thread.  No mention in your own test in that thread that shows 5D actually holds well against your T4i in center but showing a bit more details (at least sharper) in edges.  DXOMark may use average frame MTF data in its p-mpix calculation.

This is from my original photos at 100% sizes (and I upsampling 5D file to 60D size for easier comparison at the same size).  If upsampling can increase resolution as somoen suggested, it's great and wonderful as Canon shooters would only need to upsampling 5D3 photos to 36mp to match from D800/D800E

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7843305573/photos/2477554/60d_24-105lvs5d_24-70lii?inalbum=5dvs60d-resolution

In real world outside photos, my eyes (and I am not alone if you read that thread) see 5D actually resolves more fine details than 60D in my tested photos.

that's funny because most people see the opposite.  As do the resolution chart from DxO and the resolution figures from DPReview.  It's pretty obvious even in your samples as the text is readable on the sign in the 60D, and it is not in the 5D.  The truth is that you want the 5D to win so badly, that you are imaging things in photos and mistintrepting test charts in order to support your bias.

Sorry Peter...the 5D lost, and your claims to the otherwise are becoming rather pathetic

-- hide signature --
 Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow