Fuji SL1000 vs Sony HX300

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
VTRoB
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji SL1000 vs Sony HX300
In reply to Ralph McKenzie, Apr 14, 2013

Thanks for the comments.I did consider the HS50 as I have the HS28 which also has the manual zoom,up to 30x.I think the manual zooms help increase battery life and they are certainly a bit quicker from wide angle to full zoom;having said that the zooms on both the SL1000 and the HX300 aren't too bad,going up to full 50x optical zoom in about 3-4 seconds,which I don't think is too bad.The focusing on the Fuji seems quite quick,at any zoom and as I said in the original post you have the option to choose a centre focus (with a marker on the display to show what it is focusing on).The Sony is a bit it and miss at times with the focusing,I found when focusing at high zooms it will sometimes focus on nearer objects(although this could just be down to the composition of the photo!),also it gives no indication of what it is focusing on (middle of the frame?);I think the Sony does take alittle longer to focus.

HX300,50x focused on the fence!!!!

SL1000 50X

Admittedly I could probably have focused on the bush behind the horse with the Sony and then recommposed the shot.But the Fuji seemed to focus better,more of the time.

Check out some more photo uploads,in the other replies I have posted.

VTRoB's gear list:VTRoB's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow