Does M4/3 or DSLR produce higher quality photo's

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
eliehbk
Contributing MemberPosts: 615Gear list
Like?
Re: Does M4/3 or DSLR produce higher quality photo's
In reply to raptureall, Apr 14, 2013

I have to say that I got the Canon 6D to my Olympus OMD, and after few weeks of testing it, I have to say that both have advantages and disadvantages. As you know the biggest advantage of the em5 is its size, not only this the lenses are tiny compared to FF lenses. After having taken around 1000 shots with my 6D, I have to admit that in most situations you would be hard pressed to see a difference. I personally prefer Canon colors but that is subjective, as far as handling goes, if you do not mind the size, the handling of a dslr is better, since the omd has small weird buttons. To sum it up, the ISO performance and shallow depth of field on the 6d are better than my OMD but to be honest, I have to admit that taking photos with a mirror-less camera is much easier than a dslr for the simple fact that it gives you exposure feedback instantaneously. I have to say, if you do not mind the size of your camera then go with the d7100 but if you are considering mft, I would rather go with the  OMD, if video is not a priority, the camera is great and much more handier than the GH3.

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow