Spoiled by a sensor....(G5 vs GH3 (and GH2))

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,551Gear list
Like?
Re: Spoiled by a thumbwheel?
In reply to FrankS009, Apr 14, 2013

FrankS009 wrote:

Thanks for the helpful post.

Was tempted by a GX1 as an extra small body at a low price but it would seem it has the same thumbwheel as the G5. Need to try it out.

I gather the 45-150mm went back with the G5. Would have been interested in your assessment.

F.

I only briefly tested the 45-150mm, as I had realized I would be sending the system back and did not want to risk getting it dirty or damaged, however a few things stood out from my VERY brief try with it:

It's TINY.

Seems to have very nice/accurate/pleasing color rendition.

Some vignetting wide open, nothing obtrusive, though.

Surprisingly good sharpness.

Very good CA control.

I would have liked to have more of a chance to spend time evaluating this lens, but I had to box the whole system up to send it back, so it was not to be.  My first impressions, though, are favorable.  It certainly did not give me any negative impressions on my brief encounter with it, and it will be a lens I would definitely take another look at if I have the opportunity.  From what I did see, I do think that for a kit zoom it really ticks all of the boxes for price/performance/size, and should be a worthwhile addition to many M43 systems.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow