Fuji X100s: Sunset at Laguna Beach, CA

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Funduro
Contributing MemberPosts: 975Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X100s: Sunset at Laguna Beach, CA
In reply to Oger, Apr 14, 2013

I should have said the camera sensor and the wave line were not parallel. So DOF would explain the out of focus you mentioned. Some people aim for this thing called "hyper focus" to get maximum DOF.  I too have a X100, Fuji put an awesome lens into the X100/S.

I can't give all the reason, but film gave consisteant results Vs. Sensor. In other words film cameras have shutter speed, aperture, iso, bracketing dials and that's it, digital cameras have huge menus that deal with all the differences sensor introduced.

I have work in diagnostic imaging over two decades plus hobby film, slides and actual BW darkroom. Digital imaging "x-day" have introduced a bunch of new issues that can cause bad images. Different  HW and SW will give differnt issues and results. Fuji's sensors & SW In the X100 and X100S prove my point. Not saying this image results are because of it, this is more like a DOF limitation plus the subject(wave)motion. I study other photographers and my own images(pictures you hold) and try to gain knowlege from them. I'm a very technically oriented person, not trying to be a teacher or control freak by this followup reply.

-- hide signature --

FYI avatar image is by Steve McCurry

Funduro's gear list:Funduro's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow