Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Darryl E Mylrea
Regular MemberPosts: 194
Like?
Wireless choices for D7100
Apr 14, 2013

We were out on a hike yesterday and came upon a Rattlesnake next to the trail that was insistent on us not passing.  Some other hikers came by, and were less fearful of the rattler and took a couple of pics.  Needless to say, we had to turn around and head back.

When we got back to the car, I asked if they would mind emailing me the rattlesnake photo, and she mentioned she could do it right now!  Surprised,  I asked more and learned she had a Nikon wireless adapter plugged into her D3200 and she transfers her photos to her iPhone right there on the spot and emails them.

I was intrigued with getting another gadget and when I got back home, I started looking at the options.  The Nikon WU-1a looks nice (and inexpensive...not a word that I usually use with "Nikon") and then the Wireless SD card adapters (Eye-Fi, and PQI's AirCard+).

I like the idea behind these, and the fact that they don't need a separate Wifi network...they create their own!  The Nikon adapter has the added benefit of controlling the camera controls (somewhat), but I dislike that it's an external gizmo that I have to remember to bring with me.

So, any opinions on usability of these types of adapters (or are there any better ones?) mainly to be used to transfer random photos to my iphone/ipad?

Thanks!

Nikon D3200 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow