Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tim39
Senior MemberPosts: 2,866
Like?
Yo, Joms
In reply to jcmarfilph, Apr 14, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

nicknd99 wrote:

When viewed at less than 100% crop (how'd I'd be viewing and very rarely printing), then the shake isn't as apparent.  This is how I intend to use the camera and its photographic results, but to without a doubt I agree that shooting the camera(s) mounted on a tripod with IS off would yield superior results.  With that being understood, the comparison results are not useless.

Posting results such as these will only give bad impression to the cameras involved. Even you if you are only comparing IS, you are comparing 1000mm vs. 600mm which is not fair.

On a tripod, 10sec timer, burst or multiple shots then select the best and sharpest. Shoot them all in LSize with DR set to 100 and ISO100. Crop the FZ200 and X-S1 to match the FL of HS50 then resize the HS50 to 12MP or upsize FZ200 and X-S1 to 16MP.

Shoot also on the widest FL then upsize or resize whichever route your want. Shoot in RAW+JPEG too.

-=[ Joms ]=-

I think what the OP was asking was more along the lines of "what time is it?" -- not "please explain how a watch works."  

And, just for the record, I think his test method was far more valid for his stated goal than your proposal.  Most of us use our cameras in the real world, not some test suite, don't cha know?

-- hide signature --

Tim

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow