D7100 'streaking'

Started Apr 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,913Gear list
Like?
Re: D7100 'streaking', after additional tests
In reply to mehigh, Apr 14, 2013

Jussi, thanks for your work.  The portrait orientation photos are interesting.  If you look closely at the bottom of the window frame, you will see reddish streaking parallel to the long edge of the frame. This makes sense because it reveals the sensor's architecture.  The banding noise in the shadows also has the same alignment. However, why is that big ol' green streak in the supposedly dark far right region of the image even there?  I hate to say it, but something seems fishy. It might be prudent to inquire with Nikon Service or your vendor.

I'd also add that all sensors are susceptible to this, but that some designs are less so. As you can see from Horshack's test shots, the Sony EXMOR sensor design appears pretty robust.

We're getting near the end of this thread, but the investigation has just started, I'm afraid. Streaking, part II, at your computer monitors soon.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow