sigma 500 f4.5 dg +kenko dgx pro1.4×

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Re: sigma 500 f4.5 dg +kenko dgx pro1.4×
In reply to stefanoromei, Apr 14, 2013

stefanoromei wrote:

the owl shot is a supercrop with 500% sharpening and low light with 4000 isos...it is not a good shot but i posted it as it is a

It is much better than no shot at all.

very difficult shot .just to give you an idea a friend of me with canon 500f4 is1 and 7D has not been able to get the shot....i got it with sigma and kenko tc because 5d mk3 is much,much better than 7D.So a bad shot but i got it...see you soon with good light condition shots:-)

As someone who used to have a 7D and traded it in on a 5D3 I can certainly agree with you.

I don't have any lens as long as your 500mm and the best I can do is my 100-400 with my 1.4 Kenko TC. That is 560mm but I normally do not use the combination because my hands are not steady enough and I generally don't carry a tripod with me.

I liked my 7D but it would not auto-focus with the 100-400 and 1.4 TC. The 5D3 will focus every time with the combination and, after the 5D3 firmware update, might focus with a 2.0. I will have to buy one and see.

I think your photos are quite good and, if I could afford the Sigma, I might buy it myself. Please keep posting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow