Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: Who will buy DSLRs? People upgrading from iPhone.
In reply to rattymouse, Apr 14, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Mahmoud Mousef wrote:

Since my last camera store visit some years ago, the landscape has completely changed. We probably aren't seeing the mirrorless onslaught in full effect yet, because I think the cam industry is not selling as much as they'd like thanks to phones. But I think mirrorless will continue growing at the expense of DSLRs (I love to use both).

Considering that DSLR sales are growing faster than mirrorless, you cannot state that anything is coming at the expense of DSLR's.

I doubt they are growing faster than mirrorless.

I just can't see the masses going for the 'old man' DSLRs with big bodies.

DSLR's outsell mirrorless, but huge margins.

Yes they do; there is no argument there. Growth versus total sales are two different things though. I am saying mirrorless will grow faster than DSLR, if it isn't already.

I just got back from the Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai.  DSLR's were everywhere to be seen.  I bet you could find 100 Canon, Nikon and Sony SLR's for every mirrorless camera.  Same in the camera shops here.  10 SLR stores for every mirrorless one.

Some will continue to, but most that want to go beyond compacts will go mirrorless and be far more familiar with how it works too

Wrong.  Completely wrong.

I'm talking about the future, not the present day sales. I thought that was obvious.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow