Return of Interesting article on DxO about 5D III and D800...

Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,268Gear list
Like?
Re: true and 14-24 on d800 only scores 17
In reply to Dave Luttmann, Apr 14, 2013

Dave Luttmann wrote:

MAC wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

BTW, the real test should be at equivalent FL and equivalent f-stops with common lenses.

When comparing resolution across formats you have to keep the subject distance constant. DxO apparently doesn't do that. Might be a source of some of their inconsistencies

true !

I find it interesting that: 14-24 on d800 only scores 17 MPix

they haven't tested the 17 T/S on 5d3 yet.  My guess is that it scores 19 like the siggy 35

DxO is such a load of garbage.

agree, and dxo MPix is not a test of resolution.

sharpness ain't everything

look closely at the 5dc lips below - jaggies and artifacts - 5dc is sharper yes, but clearly the 60d has more resolution and avoids the jaggies

I much prefer the 60d image in the comparison below - artifacts and jaggies ain't resolution as the lips show

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51121511?image=0

Put the tse17on the 5D3 and the 14-24 on the D800 and the D800 will outresolve the 5D3.  People need to stop reading the DxO BS.

agree, but gianp2k will claim crop penalty over and over when there is not a crop penalty, one just needs to put a different lens on the crop camera

the dxo stuff is indeed more dxo nonsense

dxo rated my T4i overall lower than my 40d - what absolute nonsense

now with their new MPix tool - their sharpness claims may only be relevant within the same camera - not across cameras for measuring resolution and certainly not across formats

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow