Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Liiz
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Re: D7100 - Need some advice
In reply to Whalligeo, Apr 14, 2013

Whalligeo wrote:

mosswings wrote:

The camera did not acquire proper focus.  Nothing is sharp.

If you have a question about viewfinder focusing, try liveview focus, then compare. Liveview has no path difference errors in the AF system that could require fine-tuning.  However, a distinctly softer corner region can indicate a lens problem (typically), sometimes body issues.

I think you hit the problem in the first sentence. The camera did not acquire correct focus. Also the op says it took a 'long time' to take the exposure. That indicates to me that af was hunting around, got fed up, released the shutter anyway. I would suggest the op goes back to the manual and reviews the operation of the af system. Select a specific focus point and try that. Don't forget to try manual focus either, its not hard to do and often more accurate with difficult none af friendly scenes. Having said all that, the right side of the picture does look a tad worse than the left. I'm wondering if the OP has any more samples with this lens they can show us.

-- hide signature --

They said it couldn't be done, so I encouraged my peers not to bother.

How do I get correct focus?  Focus mode was AF-A and AF area mode auto.  I've updated from a D90 and there are so many more settings on the D7100 and I still haven't got to grips with them.

This is the original image before cropping.  It was taken with a wide angle lens Nikon 10-24mm.  Not the lens to use for this scene.  I was focussing on the water fountain in the distance.

This is why I was using a wide angle lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow