Thom Hogan's assessment of a D400

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,191
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's assessment of a D400
In reply to Tomas36, Apr 14, 2013

Tomas36 wrote:

A lot has been said here. Many things make sense. I would like to see that D400 finally arrive just like one next to me. But I just don't see it coming.

It is Thom Hogan that keeps the hype alive, and I have a firm opinion on why it is the case. You see, just like DX line makes the majority of Nikon DSLR sales and consequently the profits in the same range, so does Thom Hogan with his books. His books are one of the major sources of hos income, and if you just briefly examine his books portfolio, soon you'll discover that he's writing ONLY DX books, not FX. Among those, my guess is that the best sellers were enthusiast and pro level camera books (D70/80/90/7000/200/300/D2). It is quite logical that users of these cameras would be most interested in additional reading, much more than entry level photographer would be. Having said that, I leave you to imagine for yourself how significant it would be for Thom Hogan if Nikon was to abort a line that brings a fair amount of his book income. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just think it's Thom's wishful thinking on the subject that plays the major role here.

Just my 2 cents..

What did you read (or not read) that led you to this conclusion? If Thom is writing "ONLY DX books, not FX" then the D3, D3s, D3x, D600, D700 and D800 must all be DX cameras because he's written guides for all of them, thus demonstrating that Nikon has never, ever produced any FX cameras. Hmm, maybe I'm mistaken. There's no D7100 guide, so that may be Nikon's first FX camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow