My first Voigtländer Nokton 17.5mm portrait.

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alejandro Ruiz
Forum MemberPosts: 88Gear list
Like?
Re: My first Voigtländer Nokton 17.5mm portrait.
In reply to RoelHendrickx, Apr 14, 2013

It's a very nice portrait, with a lot of life, and the processing brings a kind of nostalgic happiness feeling, perfect for circus word.

I also found the work on DOF very interesting: sweet bokeh in the back and hands that seem moving (I needed to check the shutter speed to get they were oof).

I'm very interested in this lens, but still doubtful in this focal length portrait capabilities (I couldn't afford this 17,5 plus the 25 or the longer one announced).

In your photo the added perspective of the 17.5 fl works very well: with the subject, a man, a circus artist, and with the composition, minuscule trailer, hands.

I would like to know if you already have a more general judgment about this lens portrait capabilities. Do you shot other portraits ? Do you notice much distortion?

Alejandro Ruiz's gear list:Alejandro Ruiz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow