OMD severe flash exposure problem

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,797Gear list
Like?
Denial is not a river in Egypt ...
In reply to photofan1986, Apr 14, 2013

photofan1986 wrote:

Oh man, "the camera was told to do the wrong thing"... all my other cameras have a mental interaction with me? Because they all know what I want to achieve.

I know well that the camera cannot guess what the photographer wants. Look at the Canon pictures, they are influenced by the surrounding elements too,just not THAT much.

You asked for help in your OP.

When people suggest solutions to your problem, you abuse them?

Maybe you should ask yourself if you are going about solving your problem the best way?

Have you even tried spot or centre-weighted average metering?

You do realise that the OM-D is an Olympus camera, and therefore may work somewhat differently from the way your Canon works? The converse would also hold true, and I advised a new D800 owner that perhaps he should not jump to conclusions about his new camera until he had taken some months to get used to a different way of working to its feature set.

I can easily replicate the results that you are complaining about, merely by changing the metering mode on my camera/s. Have you even tried any of the suggestions that people (myself included) have suggested?

On examining your images that you posted, and that you are complaining about, I can see where the metering mode you have used has been misled. If you look at what I have said before, you might also be able to see it. If you cannot see it, then someone will happily point it out to you, if you ask in a reasonable polite manner.

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a {deleted}. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow