Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,416
Like?
Re: Figures show mirrorless gaining ground?
In reply to Midwest, Apr 14, 2013

Midwest wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Midwest wrote:Faster autofocus will help mirrorless sales, I don't doubt it, but I don't believe that most of the  DSLR user base is looking for some way rid themselves of that mirror. For most of us it doesn't seem to be a problem. Those who like and want a mirrorless camera are welcome to one of course.

Take out AF from the equation, DSLRs have NOTHING left over mirrorless.

I can't use a jerky, smeary or laggy EVF when shooting action, and that is entirely a different issue than autofocus. In the past when I've been in discussions of that, the EVF proponents showed photos where something was happening IN the shot - someone batting a ball or a dog running toward the camera - as an example that an EVF can shoot 'action'. I shoot action where the subject is often moving across my field of view and I have to pan and zoom at the same time to try and keep the subject in the frame and reasonably well composed. Mirrorless can't do that except by sheer luck.

I don't want a smaller camera, I don't have any problems with the mirror, I like my viewfinder just the way it is. Those who want mirrorless are more than welcome to them.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

I agree 100%. You can't shoot action with a mirrorless.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow