Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
RichRMA
Contributing MemberPosts: 748Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 price drop soon. Also to be replaced by new D600S model
In reply to Prairie Pal, Apr 14, 2013

Prairie Pal wrote:

Vandyu wrote:

Well, all I can say is that if I had purchased the D600, I'd be a flaming orange-red right about now. It's a sad day in the history of Nikon that something more isn't offered to those early adopters of the new entry-level FX model who, unwittingly, became beta testers for the company. It's not just Nikon that is selling products that need more field testing. In the rush to get items to market, even Apple can find itself with egg on the face. It's a competitive electronics world with a rapid fire replacement cycle. Hardly a good environment for proven products making it to the shelf.

There is the gist of it.  A known defect was bankrolled by the first buyers who were unaware of the looming disappointments.  The rest, who purchased the D600 despite of all the warnings deserve what they got.

This is Nikon's moment to make a real positive impact on customer confidence and loyalty.  They can give the dealers an opportunity to take back the D600 at purchased price and put the credit towards another FX body.  Extend the offer to original purchasers with receipt with verified debris issue.

And I tell you what...the NEW body better fit the current D600 grip and batteries.

Here is how they are thinking.  Numbers are guestimates.  Replace 50,000 D600's at a cost of say $50,000,000 to make early adopters happy, or, tell them they'll have to buy a new camera instead, and maybe have at most a couple thousand demanding their money back.  Guess which choice wins?

RichRMA's gear list:RichRMA's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Pentax K-01 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow