Cougar encounter

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,012Gear list
Like?
How the Cougar wakes up, recovery
In reply to Dabbler, Apr 14, 2013

They had a small towel over his eyes when I first saw him. I think it may be to keep the animal from being alarmed as it woke up. He pulled it off when he showed him to me and never put it back.

They said animals wake up from the head to the tail. They're eyes and head will start functioning before they can stand. The front legs work before the back legs do. Bears are really funny in that way. When the front legs start working they will often start dragging themselves away. Sometimes they'll just decide to sit, lay or sleep for a long while. They could decide to just take a nap and the F&G wardens have to prod them with rocks to get them to move. They want them to be fully functional before they leave them.

Hiseyes looked mottled or textured, not glassy smooth to my untrained eye. The warden said he was very healthy. No ticks or fleas either.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow