Most Compact 1.4 Lenses (with Adapter Included)?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ProfHankD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,024Gear list
Like?
Re: OP, you're getting some wrong replies here
In reply to wb2trf, Apr 14, 2013

wb2trf wrote:

ProfHankD wrote:

Keep in mind that FF SLR lenses are much more likely to give good IQ on a FF NEX, if that's in your future. Pen lenses will not even cover, and rangefinder lenses will probably have bad corners due to sharper rear projection angles for light hitting the sensor.

The Pen F lenses certainly cover the APS-C frame on a Nex.  I use them and lots of people do.  There is no cropping or vignetting.  On the 5/6 sensor, there is no issue with corner angles.

Did you read my text you quoted?  I said they will not cover and give good corners on a future FF NEX.

For what it's worth, the Pen F was a half frame, 18x24mm, whicb is actually slightly larger than APS-C. I would expect them to be fine lenses for APS-C, although the pricing is not particularly competitive with other old lenses and they are not all that common (there were not a lot of Pens sold).

ProfHankD's gear list:ProfHankD's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Canon PowerShot A720 IS Canon PowerShot S70 Canon PowerShot G1 Canon PowerShot G5 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow