Feedback requested. Warning: pictures of kids.

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Najinsky
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,598
Like?
Re: Feedback requested. Warning: pictures of kids.
In reply to JoeNapa, Apr 14, 2013

JoeNapa wrote:

Thank you all for your impressions and thank you for the encouragement.  I value both.  The harsh goes with the territory I suppose.

The consensus, if there is one, seems to be that the composition is generally poor.  That's very useful information.  Thank you.

The camera and lens are new to me - shocker.  I like the 12 but the wide frame is challenging and I'm a little surprised by the relatively narrow depth of field on this wide lens when the lens is wide open.  There's lots of action around here so I leave it wide open so I can keep the ISO low and the shutter speed high.  I'm rethinking that now.

It seems maybe a 17 or 25 lens might be an easier place to start working on composition too.

Cheers,

Joe

Not necessarily Joe. It takes practice, and mistakes, to learn. I've seen some remarkable work with the 12 and I think it's worth persevering. I struggle with wide and generally my compositions suck, but just yesterday found myself in a place that really demanded wide, so I went with it. Still nothing to shout about but I could see a definite progression/improvement. Patience, practice, persistence.

-Najinsky

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow