Started Apr 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rrockley
Regular MemberPosts: 390Gear list
Like?
Clueless review of NEX-6
Apr 14, 2013

The Online Photographer rented a Nex-6 for five days so he could review it for his blog. He just wrote his conclusion that included this piece of nonsense:

"The EVF itself is supposedly "better" than older ones. That's like saying the Tax Code is friendlier than it used to be. It still largely sucks as a way of engaging with the world visually. The EVF on a mirrorless camera—every mirrorless I'm familiar with, anyway—is a workaround for those inevitable occasions when the viewing screen becomes inadequate."

Apparently this guy had a NEX for five days and all that time he thought that the EVF was just there as a workaround for when the rear screen was unusable. And we are supposed to take his review seriously? I left a comment explaining where he is wrong, and listing some of the advantages of the EVF are but my comment was banned because we are supposed to respect each other's opinions. (Except I don't, in this case.) Oh well - point missed.

rrockley's gear list:rrockley's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow