Building a PC

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
CSMR
Regular MemberPosts: 460
Like?
Re: Building a PC
In reply to Tareq Abdulla, Apr 14, 2013

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

Motherboard[MoBo], not sure which one as i see there are many recommended out there, but i am thinking to go with the one that has X97 chipset or newer higher one, even with that chipset there are many options from Newegg site, just i am not good on different brands also not good in what to compare between one to another, i also will go with that mobo that support up to 64GB instead of 32GB.

64GB is a good choice if you are likely to be processing satellite imagine for NASA.

RAM? I am thinking to start with 16GB so i can save very few bucks as starts, i will put most budget for processor and motherboard and the graphics card.

With only 16GB you will be limited to producing Hollywood movies instead.

HDD? I have Samsung 840 series 128GB, i bought it to use on my very very very old desktop PC, but that desktop is dead [i smell a bad something like a burning wire], so i will not risk to use that computer and maybe it will explode or burn suddenly, then SSD is available already, i even have WD 500GB blue 7200 HDD 3.5" to use in that new desktop, i can buy another HDD to go along with SSD if needed.

But you'd need a larger hard drive for Hollywood.

Graphic card? Here i am not sure which one, i saw that Nvidia GTX 690 model, it is very very expensive to start with, so i was thinking to start with something cheaper and then upgrade to latest better one later, what about going with 2 GPU that are not very expensive instead of one very expensive one? i am open here for all opinions.

Either of these choices should set you up for a career as a pro gamer. You can make a lot of money in Korea.

Power supply, anything that is good review and recommended i will go with, it is important for sure but it is not a big issue which one to go with, one computer shop seller in my area told me to go with something that has minimum of 1000W, Really? many here going with something 700-900W, but who knows what is a better choice here you can tell me.

A 1000W power supply gives the extra heat which can really help you get through the winter. Not so useful in Korea but if you want to move to a higher latitude.

> What else i need to think about? Monitor i have already

How about: what you want to do in life and what you want to do with your computer?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
hereNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow