Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
DaytonR
Regular MemberPosts: 238
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan's assessment of a D400
In reply to yray, Apr 13, 2013

yray wrote:

Keith Aitken wrote:

I do wonder whether a D400 will be as revolutionary as the D300 in its day, or whether it will launch along the more evolutionary D3 to D4 transition. I mean, how much better can things get ?

-- hide signature --

. . .

I think we already know what kind of IQ we can expect from the D400, just look at the D7100. I think it is pretty good, I don't think it is revolutionary.

With everything else you'll be splitting hairs comparing it to the D300, unless video and various bells and whistles matter to you a lot. In fact, most people looking forward to D400 probably don't want anything else changed from D300, lest Nikon ruin it with improvements.

I doubt this will be a game changer, I just don't see how can it be. Even if Nikon figured out how to make it shoot 30 frames a second -- do you really need it?

Interesting points , it certainly wont be a game changer - digital has somewhat matured as a technology and there wont necessarilly be game changers in the camera world as we move into the future, we will probably see gradual evolutions instead of revolutions  ......... another thing to consider regarding th D400  is that the camera market has changed since the D300 and that is probably why the D400 is a big conundrum at Nikon HQ. It will be interesting to see what the D400 will have that will differentiate it substantially from the D7100 & the D600 ........ if ever Nikon get round to releasing it

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow