Telephoto lens for use in Kenya

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
mfouks
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: Telephoto lens for use in Kenya
In reply to jlt3b, Apr 13, 2013

First of all have a wonderful trip.  Sounds like you have the same decision to make as me.  Please let me know what you decide to get and of course after you get back I will be very interested in hearing all about the trip and which options worked the best for you.  Since you already have the D7000, it might be nice to have the lower light capabilities of the D600 or D700.  I'm just a bit nervous about the D600 dust issues right now although perhaps they have fixed this problem.

Marsha

jlt3b wrote:

I can understand your excitement about going to Kenya in September. I just made a decision to join a safari to Kenya (Masai Mara) at the end of May!

I don't want to hijack your thread, only to continue it...

I'm trying to decide what to bring as a second body for my D7000. Options include:

1) D7100

2) Used D700, or perhaps even used D3/4

3) New D600

I'm also lacking on long end (have 17-55, 105macro, 70-300mm) but want a good long lens. I have the same dilemna as you:

1) Rent 200-400mm

2) Rent 300f2.8 plus TCs

3) Buy the new 80-400mm AF-S

Hard to choose! I'd be interested in more input from the group. Also, mfouks, feel free to PM me after June 10th for an update on what I used and how my experience in Kenya went!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow