OMD severe flash exposure problem

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,549Gear list
Like?
You really don't get it.
In reply to Alumna Gorp, Apr 13, 2013

Alumna Gorp wrote:

Serious;y though its quite ridiculous to say Olympus ttl system under exposes by the degree that you are claiming.

It bloody well does underexpose to that degree, can't you believe the facts when they are presented from so many folks?

It's just that I fail to believe you who admit to using a false name and a false country of origin. Let the jury decide.

Each and every system will vary by a few 10ths of a stop and that's about it.

I tried E-300, E-PL1, E-PL5, E-P3 and variously pop-up flashes, FL-LM1, FL-300R, FL-36R and FL-50 in various combinations and ALL underexposed the TTL flash.

It usually needed plus 1.7 flash comp to get a "normal" histogram, but better was plus 1.3 for better looking flash shots. Same goes for direct flash or bounced flash.

For fill flash work then usually negative flash comp is needed, but I was never talking about that, only about using flash to illuminate a subject or room and not relying on any ambient light.

If you are getting a correctly exposed flash shot with Olympus TTL then you must have the only Olympus camera in the world that is doing that - it must be faulty.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow