********The Weekly Close Up 98/2013********

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
WhyNot
Senior MemberPosts: 2,794
Like?
Re: Spring Flowers
In reply to 19andrew47, Apr 13, 2013

19andrew47 wrote:

For the second I like the main point of interest but find the second flower in the background a bit distracting.  In the third there is a lot going on thus the main point of interest losses some prominence.  This is all very personal as to what appeals to one person and not another so I wouldn't pay much attention to these comments.  For me the first is way more appealing as presented.  Others may have different views and I don't claim to have any expertise whatsoever in these matters, only in what I like.  Often when shopping for art or antiques I get asked what I am looking for and my answer is always I'll let you know when I find it!

Anyway, there you have it.

Andrew

Thanks again.. I always appreciate reading what other think about my composition and execution. In reply let me say that I often attempt to find multiple objects or “echo” forms such as the other flower in the background of the second picture. I probably use this devise too much and in this case probably should have lowered its value as it seems a little bright and distracts from the subject flower more than I would like. I usually try to provide some separation between the subject and its echo but here I attempted to use focus as that separator. Similarly with the third, but here I was attempting to provide a sea of purple behind the subject. Single isolated subjects like the first are often appealing but I like to try to expand my composition in other directions – not always original but maybe a stretch for me.... Thanks for your comments which are not wrong … and my response which is not right, as you say much of this is subjective and often just a search for an audience that sees the world as we do or at least says … “well maybe.” ...............  And thanks again for your considered response and again my original rely was in complete jest...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
AHNew
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow