Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291
Like?
brand biases
In reply to 007peter, Apr 13, 2013

007peter wrote:

Your job as a salesman is to identify if a consumer is an Apple Fanboy or an Android Geek, and proceed to sale him/her on their own brand biases.

Agreed on that, but of course there are some customers who also come into the shop with no brand biases and want to be told what to buy from the sales staff. Plenty of those types of customers around, particularly on items that don't get much mainstream advertising.

If I were to walk into a store selling tiles or ... tennis racquets...or...some other item I know nothing about and have no interest in (except that I need one, either for me or as a gift for someone), I'd be very influenced by the talk of shopkeepers. How many of us have the time and patience to research everything? Probably not many of us.

How would we be reacting in a store if we had to purchase something (a good or service) that we knew nothing about? We'd probably try to find the 'safe route' talking about 'trusted brands' and buying one of them. Maybe even looking at what the 'big names' are using. Or the items we saw on some cooking show (if we have to buy cooking gear). If they use it, it must be OK, right?

Just like the camera purchaser buying Nikon or Canon

A 'safe choice' is sought with minimal time and patience to seek alternatives.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow