Feedback requested. Warning: pictures of kids.

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
DmikeB
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
Re: My view
In reply to RoelHendrickx, Apr 13, 2013

My two pence. I really like the photos - yes, you could crop them more but using a wide angle lens gives to an interesting perspective and you have some really nice interaction. However, I would not want all my photos to be the style that you have and are developing - especially not if  they are of your daughters. The distortion caused by having a wide angle lens is interesting but is really not complementary. See http://commonsensephotography.com/how_to_take_better_portraits/index.php as an example (the focal lengths reported in the web page are for a full frame camera so your 12mm lens will be taking pictures with a very similar perspective to the 24mm lens)

If you are aiming for complementary photos having a longer focal length is key. It will mean that you need to be further from your subject.

DmikeB's gear list:DmikeB's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow