Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 vs Fuji X100 White balance correction issues
In reply to Rickj23, Apr 13, 2013

Rickj23 wrote:

SimonOL wrote:

Pete peterson wrote:

The Ex Comp was on zero.

The curious thing though was when it locked focus it was indicated by a green lines that when around the edge on the EVF and not the usual square you normally see at the centre of the viewfinder. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

That suggests you have the AF assist lamp turned on - it seems odd but try turning it off; that normally helps lock focus. Not sure if it effects metering though. :-/

I have a/f assist turned off on all of my digital cameras, not just the NEX 5R.  As well, I find the auto WB on NEX 7 / 5R  / 5N ... in low ligh doesn't work paricularly well ... as you can see in these pictures. Ideally, you need to  adjust the WB manually, to improve the colours and contrast in low light.

I'll try an experiment with the WB and see what I get. I've a WB card (credit card size mind you) to manually set the WB but it doesn't seem to do the job at least on the Fuji (haven't tried it on the Sony yet.

As you can see below the Auto WB inthe second picture is more accurate.

Manual WB   (using WB card)                                                                           Fuji X100

Auto WB                                                                                                        Fuji X100

This is the card I used for the first shot above                                                       Fuji X100

Pete peterson's gear list:Pete peterson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow