2 D7100 Q's - From a D300s and D7000 Owner

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,763Gear list
Like?
Re: 2 D7100 Q's - From a D300s and D7000 Owner
In reply to Novens2, Apr 13, 2013

Novens2 wrote:

Hi I have the d300 and had the d7100 for two weeks. The improvements I noticed were improved auto white balance, better color dynamic range though sometimes flat, better high ISO but really only in good light if you're looking for fine detail. What I didn't like smaller cheaper body feels like a 7000 but even less weight but for me no big deal, the dusting out of details when light is fair to poor at ISO 500 and up, the change in behavior when it comes to flash and auto iso using the higher settings too readily forcing you to stop and turn off auto ISO easy enough with front dial, but the only deal breaker for me was the inconsistent focus with my sigma lens. If the lens issue could get worked out I could be back with a d7100 in hand as it is a nice overall improvement in IQ over the d300 IMO.

Novens2, have you had a chance to use the various RAW converters now available? I remember that your initial assessments of the fine detail performance of the D7100 were based on JPEGs, which were the only format available to you at the time.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow