Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II too expensive. Alternate walk-arounds in sub$1500 range for 7d?

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
agurkas
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II too expensive. Alternate walk-arounds in sub$1500 range for 7d?
Apr 13, 2013

I really really would love to get the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, but it is apparently extremely hot lens and every wedding photo and videographer is buying those up before the wedding season. Really kicking myself for not buying Version 1 of it in December for $1100 refurb from Canon.

I want to get good quality zoom walk-around I can use at moment notice in lower light situation to shoot shenanigans my infant daughter does every day and at the same time to be able to capture good panorama shot in a well-lit scene when on vacation. I do both photo and video on my 7D.

So my budget is $1500 and I am looking something in same 20something to 70something range, but I really would like to be as close as possible to f/2s. Open to Sigma or Tamron.

What would you recommend?

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow