If I hate D7100, will I hate D600?

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
mlewan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,145Gear list
Like?
Re: If I hate D7100, will I hate D600?
In reply to lordbeau, Apr 13, 2013

lordbeau wrote:

(D300s owner). Disliked D7100 for various reason, not just QC - slow buffer, high ISO quite choppy, and overexposure.

Just wondering if the D600 is as annoying. Better buffer and better ISO..... perhaps I'll like it?

Hate is a strong word, but you will probably feel the difference from a D300. I used to have a D300 and a D5100 in parallel. Often, I used the D5100 because of the much better image quality (high ISO, dynamic range, number of pixels, etc.), but, boy, did I feel that it was not a D300 in my hands.

Once I took the D5100 as my only camera on a trip and a friend of mine brought his D300. I knew my pictures would turn out much better than his, but every now and then I begged him to lend me the D300 just to have the feel of it.

Grab a D300. Grab a D800. Grab a D600. If the feeling in your hands is in any way important to you, I doubt you would be happy with a D600.

If, on the other hand, you are only concerned with the quality of the images, you may be perfectly satisfied with the D600, once you learnt to handle its limitations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow