Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
digitalman4242
Senior MemberPosts: 1,464
Like?
Re: If I hate D7100, will I hate D600?
In reply to mgblack74, Apr 13, 2013

mgblack74 wrote:

Ask another way:

If I own an older Audi S4, and hate the newer Golf GTI, will I hate the new A6 wagon/avant?

None of the cameras you mention are equal. It's about what you need. The D800 body is closest to the D300s body as ergonomics and 'feeling' go. The D600 feels like a slightly beefed up D7100. None are FPS or buffer kings, but they're pumping out more data per frame than the D300s.

The D7100 & D600 is better than the D300s in every lighting condition and category. It has better IQ all around. For me, thankfully, the deal breaker was lack of an AF-ON button. If you're used to using that and using the AE-L button it may be a tough switch.

If you're happy with the resolution of the D300s and the ergonomics and the FPS, look at a D700. With AA batteries or D3 batteries in the grip, it can do 8 fps.
--
"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

I would have to disagree.  The D600 has way better IQ.  Dxo Mark backs this up.  You can't compare a DX to a FX camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow