Mirrorless- Continuing to Under Perform

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,076Gear list
Like?
Re: [Jorginho] AMD Supporter + Consumer Sales Experience
In reply to 007peter, Apr 13, 2013

I am not an AMD guy per se. I did not like the K6 3DNow chips all too much. Intel was simply better in that time. AMD badly badly needed the K7. That was really a god chip (well, chip...more processorboard than a chip). K7 was superior to anything Intel had per MHz. Loved it! I remember well how to my mind almost pathetically Intel was at wits end and did everything to clock their CPU to 1 Ghz as the first one, even though the architecture prevented to take any real gain from that clockspeed boost. And it was not stable at all.

Currently I have a Phenom 6 core, which works really nice with LR etc. The latest AMD CPU's again seem to be a bummer and if you want the fastest you need an Intel.

I had an Asrock mainboard, thought it failed after a year (no boot up). Build in a new Asus mainboard. Turned out the Asrcok was okey, but in a sense it was not okey. My PC is now 100% stable, which was not the case with the Asrock. Had hang ups every few hours. So happy to buy the Asustek. Always sold either Asrock or Gigabyte. Gigabyte being high end, Asrock price/performance. Asus was too mainstream to set us apart. You need some USPs. Asus was not one of them and in the end Gigabyte also not. We were the first on market to introduce ZIF socket 3 (remember that one?) in the Netherlands and the Asus mainboard, after that we were the first with Gigabyte mainboards. I was very keen at good technology.

Do you also remember the Cyrix 150/166 en 200+ CPU's? With such a PC we became the number 1 computer in the biggest Dutch magazine in The Netherlands (in 1996). great to do. Building that one was not left to any coworkers, I built that one myself. Yes..good times. And I like the current times just as much! Much has changed, but the way you need to sell things has remained the same I am afraid.....

Cheers!

Edit: you are form Taipeh??? I remember most of my mainboards were (and may be still are) from Taiwan. What I found really funny is that all tjhose Taiwanese had names like "Paul Tsu" or "Melany Chang". Turned out their names were all english because we would not be able to pronounce or remmeber their real names. At least that is what they told me...Haha.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
YeahNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow