110 film is to 35MM as M43rd is to FF?

Started Apr 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 14,192
Like?
Not hardly
In reply to edispics, Apr 13, 2013

edispics wrote:

Partly devised to help ordinary folks load film into cameras more easily. Assumption was that if that process was made easier, more folks would buy the cameras. Sure do remember them, but not fondly. Most recently had to bust the plastic casings to get the negs out to scan. No fond memories. As for comparing 110 to M43? Ouch!!

Probably a better comparison might be to APS film cartridges. For a time there the wee Canons were the cameras to have. How many people wore them around their necks? The diminutive camera sizes that the APS cartridges allowed spawned a whole raft of tiny cameras that some though would revolutionize the industry. Where is APS (film) today?

m4/3 is about 2/3 the sensor area of an APS-C sensor. The 110 camera negative was probably 10% or less of the 35mm negative area.

I've got one of these Minolta 110 SLR's - had one when it was new in '78, sold it, then bought a nice clean one on Ebay for my display case - and it took good photos but I think much less close to 35mm than m4/3 is to APS-C.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow