dradam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,562
Like?
Re: Why Win8 will succeed. Or fail.
In reply to migibson99, Apr 13, 2013

migibson99 wrote:

dradam wrote:

Simon Garrett wrote:

They used to say that a bad workman blames his tools.  Equally, a bad toolmaker blames the workman.  If you want to sell operating systems, no point blaming the stupid users.

I'm sorry, but if a carpenter suddenly doesn't know how to work a hammer because the handle is now green instead of orange, it is the carpenters fault.

Agreed.  But if a carpenter picks up a hammer and the handle is curved instead of straight, and it's uncomfortable for him to swing, and the way it feels in his hand makes it harder for him to do his job, then he's going to stick with the straight handled hammer.  Blaming him for being "old school" or "unwilling to get with the times" , or explaining the superior aerodynamics of the curved handle hammer won't change that.

If the carpenter has actually tried the hammer and really just doesn't like it, that's perfectly legitimate.

However, I feel with Windows you are getting a lot of people who see the new curved handle and decide they don't like it without ever holding it, and that many of these same people are then making a big stink about how horrible the new handle is.  Then again, I think that the new handle actually IS more aerodynamic and that people would like it if they just give it a chance (and, if not, that the curve is subtle enough that it can basically be ignored).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow