Would you buy D7100 again?

Started Apr 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
mac_no1
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you buy D7100 again?
In reply to Kelly M Jones, Apr 13, 2013

Kelly M Jones wrote:

mac_no1 wrote:

So my final purchases were the 16-85mm and 70-300mm VR

That sounds like the perfect travel kit. How are you liking the 16-85? I've used the 70-300 a lot, so I know it's a good lens.

-Kelly

Yes, perfect for travel, I decided on this combo after reading lots of forum posts and reviews.

The 16-85 is very well balanced on the D7100, not too heavy and quite compact. The extra 2mm at the wide end is going to be much more useful to me for landscapes and city shooting. The 18-105 kit lens I got with the camera is quite good for image quality but I felt it just not wide enough in certain circumstances (where you can't step back). The image quality of the 16-85 seems much better than the 18-105 especially in the edges/corners of the frame. I also prefer the fact is has a metal mount, plastic mounts just don't seem right to me.

I expect the 16-85 to be on the camera probably about 80% of the time, the 70-300 the other 20% although once I get a feel for the range and use of the 70-300 it might be on camera more frequently  than I anticipate.

 mac_no1's gear list:mac_no1's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow